Advocate Now for Your Child’s Behavioral Health Needs
Foster Parents, Kinship Caregivers, Adoptive Parents, Social Workers, Parent Aides, Licensing Agents, Case Managers/Supervisors, GAL’s , teachers, counselors and more… will learn:
- Requesting and receiving behavioral health services in a timely manner
- Your and your child’s behavioral health rights
- How to obtain services for the children in your care
- How to navigate roadblocks in the system
- Real skills from a respected trauma therapist on how you can regain peace in your home while promoting healing in traumatized kids
- Community resources to support you and your children
Anika Robinson, partnered with two other foster/adoptive moms to create Jacob’s Law and now assists families struggling to receive needed services through her role as Foster Care Community Liaison for AHCCCS.
Lisa Luchessi, Children’s System of Care coordinator with Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care (MMIC). The MMIC Child Welfare Unit is available at any time to help navigate any situation and to help remove whatever barriers that may be presenting.
Carol Melim, licensed Clinical Social Worker through the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health is known within the foster/adoptive parent community as the RAD Whisperer.
As a foster/adoptive parent herself, Carol knows first hand the struggles that come with parenting a traumatized child, and uses practical tools to empower families to make a difference in their child’s life.
AZAFAP PREMIER MEMBERS ~ $10 EACH
NON-MEMBERS ~ $15 EACH
6 training credit hours
So sorry, no childcare is provided.
Registration 8:30 am
Presentation starts at 9:00 am
Contact AZAFAP at 602- 884-1801 if you have questions.